Numerous major losses, some with claims for damages running into millions, have led to an increasingly restrictive underwriting policy on the part of liability insurers in the life science sector.
Long gone are the times when limits and restrictions of general contract conditions and wordings only affected major pharmaceutical groups. More and more medium-sized medical devices and pharmaceutical manufacturers are also complaining about exclusions and horrendous premiums. For you as an entrepreneur, however, the resulting challenges also offer opportunities.
Our experts are the right people when it comes to developing the most suitable insurance concept. They have the necessary specialist knowledge, are familiar with the national and international insurance markets and are aware of the pitfalls and opportunities.
We offer the following insurance protection to manufacturers of medical devices or pharmaceuticals:
- Liability insurances
- Coverage concerning the German Pharmaceuticals Act AMG (compulsory insurance under the AMG)
- Clinical trial insurances (study-related risks according to the trial protocol, study protocol)
- Protection against product defects
- Solutions for off-label use
- Solutions for silicone implants, cardiac pacemakers etc.